Indoor Air Quality in Oakley, Pinole, Brentwood, CA, and Surrounding Areas
According to the EPA, indoor air can be up to seven times dirtier than outdoor pollution. Poor air quality is much more common than many people realize, and the quality of air in your home can seriously affect your health and comfort. Fumes from chemicals such as cleaning solutions or toxic molds pose a serious risk for everyone in your house – especially for those who suffer from asthma or allergies!
That’s why Bay Area Comfort Solutions offers simple solutions to protect your health and improve your day-to-day comfort and quality of life. Here are a few ways you can do this:
- Air Purifiers: Helps removes allergens and other particulates-this will also improve the health of the system!
- Humidity Control: Whole-House Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
- Electronic Air Cleaners
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Ultraviolet Air Purifiers: These UV lights help kill bacteria, viruses, mold, gases and odors
- Duct Cleaning: Remove dirt and debris from your air system to keep your space liveable and your AC/Heat clean
Indoor Air Quality In Oakley, CA
Pollution levels in the air are increasing significantly as a result of the expansion in production, industries, waste, and vehicles. Poor quality air affects everyones’ quality of life, and people can become sick and catch diseases by breathing the polluted air.
According to experts of indoor air quality services in Oakley, CA, indoor air can pose more health risks. You must be thinking about why this is, so let’s learn from IAQ experts some of the reasons:
1). Experts explain why indoor air is more polluted than outdoor air.
According to experts of ductless installation in Oakley, CA, the air in your residence has more toxic matters that may affect your health. That’s why you should spend more time outdoors in fresh air rather than indoors. Here are the reasons why there is an increase in pollution indoors:
- Restricted airflow: It is necessary to have proper airflow from indoors to outdoors. The pollutant concentration increases indoors as there is limited space and air. In our homes, the pollutants settle down on the furniture due to restricted ventilation and airflow. The pollutants flow away with a strong wind in an open environment.
- Increased hours indoors: People love to spend their time indoors. In a research study, people spend around 90% of their time indoors. Spending time indoors makes them more prone to fall ill due to exposure to indoor air pollution.
2). Causes behind the increase in indoor air pollution.
According to our ductless installation in Oakley, CA, here are some primary contributors that pollute the indoor air and make it unfit for breathing:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances.
- Furniture and building materials like deteriorated asbestos, new floor, carpets, and pressed-wood furniture.
- Household care and cleaning products.
- HVAC systems.
- Increased humidity
- Particulate material like radon, carbon monoxide, etc.
- Mold spores.
3). Tips to keep the indoor air clean and pollutant-free.
Our ductless services in Oakley, CA, are here to help you if you are worried about your dwindling air quality levels. Here are some tips that you can use to make the air around you healthier:
- Inadequate ventilation is the problem that prevents the flow of toxic matter outdoors. Keep your doors and windows open almost all the time.
- Invest in a highly efficient ductless unit that provides zone-specific cooling.
- Call the technician time to clean the system and replace the air filter.
- The whole-house dehumidification service from indoor air quality services in Oakley, CA, will help you to eliminate the excess moisture in the air.
- Install an air purifier in your residence to eliminate the pollutant and particulate matter. Improve your indoor air quality with air purifiers in Oakley, CA. Breathe cleaner air and stay healthy.
Hire the best solutions for your comfort.
Indoor air quality is a matter where it is not better to take risks. Call us to quickly inspect your HVAC system and check the air quality. Our expert and skilled technician will resolve all your HVAC problems with the best possible solutions. Dial (925)-567-9864, and Bay Area Comfort Solutions experts will be on their way to fix your problems.
Contact Us Today For Indoor Air Quality in Oakley, Pinole, Brentwood, CA, and Surrounding Areas
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Poor indoor air quality can lead to various symptoms, including coughing, sneezing, wheezing, shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, fatigue, eye and throat irritation, and worsening of asthma or allergy symptoms. If you notice these symptoms occurring or worsening indoors, it may indicate indoor air quality problems.
Contact Bay Area Comfort Solutions immediately for indoor air quality solutions in Oakley, CA. Our team of professionals will assess your home and provide you with an air quality report.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has established guidelines for indoor air quality. The recommended indoor air quality level is to have pollutants and contaminants at levels that pose no significant health risks. It is essential to maintain good ventilation, control the sources of pollutants, and regularly monitor indoor air quality to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
Poor indoor air quality can have various adverse effects on your health.
It can aggravate respiratory conditions such as asthma and allergies, leading to increased symptoms and decreased lung function.
Prolonged exposure to indoor air pollutants can also contribute to developing respiratory diseases, cardiovascular problems, and other chronic health issues. Poor air quality can also impact your overall well-being, causing fatigue, headaches, and difficulty concentrating.
Guidelines for indoor air quality may vary based on the specific regulations and recommendations set by local authorities or organizations. It is essential to stay updated with the latest guidelines specific to your area. However, in general, maintaining good ventilation, controlling sources of pollution, regularly cleaning and maintaining HVAC systems, and using air purifiers or filters are commonly advised measures to improve indoor air quality.
If you live in Oakley, CA, get in touch with Bay Area Comfort Solutions to learn more about guidelines for indoor air quality.
The four major indoor air pollutants include:
- Particulate matter: Tiny particles that can be inhaled into the lungs and cause respiratory problems.
- Carbon monoxide: A tasteless, odorless gas that may give you headaches, vertigo, and nausea.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): Chemicals that are emitted by household products such as cleaning supplies, paint, and furniture and can cause irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat.
- Radon: A radioactive gas found in soil that can seep into homes through cracks in the foundation. Prolonged radon exposure can increase the risk of lung cancer.